Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Review - Anna and the French Kiss

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Pages: 372 (Hardcover)
Rating: 5 !!!






Description: Goodreads
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?



My Review:
I'd heard about this book for quite a while, hearing always good things about this book. Now that I think about it, I don' think that I've ever really heard one truly bad thing about this book. When I'd first started seeing these things I decided that I might as well go see what what the book was about at least, and to be honest the summary of the book really wasn't all that interesting. And then a friend of mine got the book in the past week or so and for the next couple days I heard "St Clair! I love St. Clair! He's so amazing!" After hearing her go on and on about the main male character I thought "ahhh what the hell?" and borrowed the book from her and started to read it. 

I started this book over Thanksgiving break, so I didn't get to read a whole lot, only about fifty pages over the weekend, and then on Monday I brought it to school with me...and I devoured it. Like seriously I never imagined when I started it that I'd like it, but this seriously turned out to be the best romance book that I've read all year! There are somany things that I could ramble on and on about for this book, but before I do and you end up getting bored of reading just know one thing.. 

YOU NEED TO READ THIS <3 

The number one thing about this book is the characters; one hundred percent of the way. Anna and St. Clair are absolutely precious and watching that relationship go through it's ups and downs was making goose bumps rise on my skin. Their feelings for each other literally flew off the pages, and I think one thing that made the book even more fun was it's setting in Paris. St. Clair though is one of those male characters that you can so easily get a literally crush on. his personality is so perfect and just heart warming, he rally was just one of those characters that make you hope and wish that one day you'll be able to have somebody like that. I finally understood why my friend talked about him so much. 

Another thing I loved was how well written the book was. I LOVED reading it through Anna's point of view. She was such a fun character and I could relate to her in so many different ways. Stephanie Perkins really perfected this novel and I truly am happy to be able to add it to my 'will never forget' pile (: 
A billion thumbs up for Anna and the French Kiss !! <3 






No comments:

Post a Comment